You Could Find Money to Help Pay For School!
Grants, work-study, and low-interest loans can help make college affordable. Financial Aid is available for those that qualify for cost associated with college, career school, and graduate school.

| The Department of Education (DE) Offers Three Kinds of Grants

Financial Aid could come from the U.S. Federal Government, the state where you live, the college you attend, or a nonprofit or private organization.

Discretionary Grants are awarded using a competitive process. A list of available grants can be found on the DE's website.

Student Loans or Grants to help students attend college. In order to apply for these loans and grants you must create a free account with FSA.

Formula Grants using a formula determined by Congress. These grants have no application process.

| Government Money for Education

Federal Pell Grants (FPG) do not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or a professional degree. Use this website to apply for a FPG.

The State Grant Agency (SGA) provides information on grants, scholarships, and other financial aid for college students from the state. Resources include federally-supported state programs such as Byrd scholarships and LEAP (Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership) grants. See what programs are available in the state where you live!

The U.S. Department of Labor’s Free Scholarship Tool allows you to search more than 7,000 scholarships, fellowships, loans, and other financial aid opportunities!

A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant assists undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. In order to apply you must first create a free account with FSA. so your college can determine how much financial need you have. This grant does not need to be repaid.

TEACH Grants may be able to help you pay for college if you plan to become a teacher in a high-need field in a low-income area. The TEACH Grant Program provides grants of up to $4,000 a year to students who are completing or plan to complete course work needed to begin a career in teaching.